Its just 2 to 3 months left before I can setup my dream CPU. Remember me talking about the ups and downs of a desktop and laptop because few months ago I am confused in what to buy. Now that I had the chance to re-assess my needs and wants and to feed my demand for high computing I ended up saving for a desktop computer. So what are we looking into when it comes to setting up your own CPU? I already have a list of what to buy without a professional’s help. I just wish that what I have in my list can withstand some serious applications and processes. Anyway, I found out that the motherboard I have on my list have an expandable of up to 16GB of computer memory. As for the budget, I’ll stick with 2GB for the time being. =)
Choosing a notebook is not that easy as it seems, the first challenge is the price, the next is the model. Example, I have chosen Mac, I would likely find compatible ways to enjoy it like free mac games and other related software. I know, my blog may not be compatible either so I have to find some ftp software available on mac blog to let me..blog of course. And ah, the most favorite part is the pastime, mac games might be better than having none at all. I’m confused on what to buy but maybe i’ll deal with it someday when I have saved enough already.
My sister asked me a while ago that she want my ps2 fixed soon. She is a bummer on weekends and needs something to keep her busy with the exemption of school books. As for me, I also wanted it fixed a long time ago, I want to play again Metal Gear Solid and finish it with a tactical gear outfit. Oh well, maybe soon I’ll deal with that.
We’re done in configuring SmartFtp as our ftp client. What is our next step? We are going to upload our created or downloaded theme to use in our blog site.
This should be easy, just follow the instructions carefully.
1. Double click on the sign and the “+” should be “-” to see the dropdown list or expanded list of directories such as: cgi-bin, wp-admin, wp-content, wp-includes.
2. We will be focusing on wp-content. here is where you will see your directories such as: plugins, themes and upload directory.
3. If you want to upload a theme, drag the folder of your chosen theme; the one that you’ve downloaded or created into the wp-content>themes folder. Or you can right click on the themes folder then choose upload and choose the folder of the selected theme. In anyways, the outcome would be the same.
4. If you plan on uploading your Wordpress plugin, this where you’ll be goin to upload it: wp-content>plugins. Drag it or upload it, it works the same. but here in plugins directory, you should only upload the excat folder with its contents in able for it to work.
We are done in uploading our wordpress theme and plugin.
The Next step will be, using the theme on our blog.
1. login to your wordpress admin area. type on your browser you.host.com/wp-admin but of course your own login information.
2. Once you have accessed your admin area and landed on your dashboard, look for the tab with Design, click on it and see your uploaded theme on the list below, click on your selected theme then visit your site to see the effect. That’s it for themes.
And Now for the Plugins part.
1. On your dashboard, look for Plugins and click on it to open the Plugins Management page.
2. You will see the a list of plugins here that includes Akismet and Hello Dolly which is available upon wordpress installation.
3. If you have already uploaded your plugins using smartftp client or ftp client, you will see the name of that plugin in the Plugins Management Table. Now it is up to you to activate or deactivate it.
*A plugin’s effect varies on what kind of plugin you will be using, just be smart in selecting your theme.*
This is the end of our tutorial.
for questions and verifications please message me here through posting a comment
or sending me an email.
For corrections about my tutorial, pls be kind and polite in correcting me. I would love to here it in an
Thanks and Happy Blogging!!
Jan Vincent Robles (admin):
Basically, I wrote this for my hostees so whenever they would find it hard for them to install a wordpress theme or a plugin, they could always use this as their reference.
I am using SmartFTP as my client, so i recommend them to use it as well. SmartFTP can be downloaded in download.com and search for it or directly though smartftp.com and I think I’m kind enough to put the link below, so here it is.
*if you are unsure on what to download, try using the 32bit version*
The Installation doesn’t take time, just click on the installer you’ve just downloaded and wait for it to install.
Once the Installation is finished, we can start adding your Remote Browser which is directly connected to your blogsite directories.
Here are the steps. follow this carefully:
1. Add your remote browser – Look for your menu bar and click File > New Remote Browser.
2. A New Remote Browser box will appear and look just like this:
3. Now its time to fill this up.
A) Put your host in the host textbox.
B) Login Type should be Username & Password.
C) Enter you username given by your host. ex. firstname.lastname@example.org
D) Enter your password given by your host. ex 12345678
E) Click Ok. It should login automatically if you have entered it all correctly. Below is a picture to of what should it look like.
4. That’s just about it! Once you’re done, we can head now to our next lesson.